Saturday, November 3, 2007

11th Oct-1st Nov




I was inspired to create a blog after having spoken to Giampaolo; writer of a famous blog in Maui. As a result I will summarise the first 3 weeks to catch up on what went on........
The first 9 days were windy and sail sizes ranged from 4.0 - 5.3, I sailed everywhere from Kanaha to Spreks to Kuau, and even Ho'okipa for the first time. Ho'okipa was an amazing experience for me and the only part that was difficult was overcoming the psycological barrier of the rocks. But really, it was fine!

On the 18th Oct the first winter swell arrived and ho'okipa was mast high, everyone was out -it was super crowded.

The 21st and 22nd brought no wind, but having not really sailed all year my body was in need of a little rest.
From the 23rd until the 28th freak summer winds were blasting the North shore, guys were fully/over powered on 4.0's and I was out of control. As a result I had a littlw accident mid forward which put me on crutches. Luckily it was a muscular injury meaning I could be back on the water within a week....and so I was by the 30th although I had to take it easy for the first few sessions. By now the swell had dropped all over the north shore which was a huge shame, but we still made the most of the wind and spent a lot of time working on jumps.
On the 1st Nov we sailed as much as possible since after that the forecast was looking real bad for wind. This was a little tricky since the night before had been halloween-and since Lahina is famous world wide for its street party we had to go to witness it. In England halloween is celebrated in a low key manner, so what I witnessed here on halloween was insane! Everyone was dressed up and the atmosphere was immense.

No comments: